Saturday, August 20, 2011

A series of topics that I don't have enough materiel to write an entire blog post about all combined to make some sort of super topic part 4

To start off part four, which is in no way the last one, I will counter my previous assertion about community with the concept of all the aw enforcement being being more corrupt than well a very corrupt person. This can be seen in several instances such as around the time when Casy took the fall for Tom by telling them that it was him who knocked the cop out. Because shortly around that time a certain cop fell over, and accidentally fired a round off, and hit a pedestrian. Accidents are fine and dandy, but in this particular accident the cop didn't even care about the well being off said pedestrian. She wasn't even recognized as a victim until it was brought up by a migrant that this thing had occurred. I'm not sure if it's corruption or just not caring, but it is still pretty bad. Later in the story when the cops found Casy, they ruthlessly attacked him without provocation, thus killing him. He didn't even do anything aggressive, he just stood there and talked. Very corrupt in this situation. This is one of the major problems in the story. Sure the cops being a bit more understanding of the migrants situation wouldn't do much, but it would help. Another thing I had a problem with in this book was the obnoxious dialect. An apostrophe is not a suitable replacement for an actual letter. Only in some cases is that acceptable, but when its thrown in every other word my reading capabilities are reduced by almost forty seven percent. For the longest time I thought that 'f was if, but then I find out it's of, then I'm all like what now, I just figured out the word you were trying to say. You want to fight about it. See why I don't like this stuff? It actually makes me challenge a book to a fight, that is not normal. Good day sir.

Steinbeck, John, and Robert J. DeMott. The Grapes of Wrath. New York: Penguin, 2006. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment