Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fahrenheit 451 question 7

The author uses several techniques to engage the audience and make the story more effective. For one he seems to add a bit of humor into the mix. As Montag does many humorous things, or he does very stupid things that he thinks are serious and it makes me laugh quietly to myself. Or this isn't true at all and I simply have a strange sense of humor. Either way, I already started typing this and I refuse to stop, so I'm going to finish my thought in the hopes that it eventually becomes a coherent thought. One of these humorous moments would be the incident where Montag bursts out and starts preaching poetry to Mildred's friends. This humored me because any rational thinking person would have not done this because it would never end well, and Montag seemed to not have a good understanding of this. I laugh at his stupidity, and stupid people in general. Seriously, have you ever had a conversation with an idiot, it is very humorous, that is until they somehow stump you. It happens almost every time. I also somehow managed to find this book slightly suspenseful, but this may just be me not having any idea what I'm talking about, so you'll have to sift through these random spurts of off topic and what not. The part I found to be somewhat suspenseful was how the mechanical dog kept coming to the house and making noises and what not. It was kind of creepy, but at the same time humorous because Montag simply didn't care that it was there and completely ignored it. Seriously that is either stupidity, or ignorance. He is illegally reading book, and some creature is constantly at his door, and he didn't stop to investigate. It amazes me that it took so long for Montag to get caught with all the stupidly humorous things that he constantly pulled off. If he had investigated the dog, and not spouted poetry, he would have lasted so much longer, although if he hadn't done these things he would have died in the explosion.

Bradbury, Ray. Fahrenheit 451;. New York: Ballantine, 1953. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment