Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reflection blog #4

That whole concept pertaining to a persons true colors is apparently relevant throughout The Crucible. So much so, that I in fact have to write an entire blog post about it. Well while reading through the second act, I hardly noticed any use of the color thing until I started looking really hard. I mean really hard, So hard that I may have hurt myself in the process. So the first one I noticed was in this conversation.

Elizabeth, to Hale: I cannot think the devil may own a woman's soul, Mr Hale, when she keeps an upright way, as I have. I am a good woman, I know it; and if you believe I may do only good work in the world, and yet be secretly bound to satan, then I must tell you, sir, I do not believe it. Hale: But, woman, you do believe there are witches in- Elizabeth: If you think that I am one, then I say there are none. (Miller 70)

So what I noticed with my already hurt mind was that Hale was kind of a bit defensive when Elizabeth challenged his ideas. So in turn he in a way hates to be wrong, and he believes he is correct in his allegations that the bible is correct and witches are factual beings that must be killed. Thus leading me to believe that he is a green personality because of his unwillingness to be wrong, and green people are commonly right because of all the research they do and what not. I could be horribly, and I mean horribly, wrong, but I might be accurately, and I mean accurately, correct. Think about it. I have also made more typos than I care to count in this blog and I thought that you might want to know that, you know, because you might. So after reading the rest of the act, I was unable to find another statement of colors. It may be because I am horrible at comprehending anything I read until at least forty eight hours after I read it, or simply because I hardly understand the color thing. I'm going to go with the first option because I haven't entirely comprehended the first part of the story. I think it's because it's a play and I was horrible with Macbeth. So yea colors. After a long pause, I managed to find another instance of colors. Hooray. "Elizabeth: Pray God. It hurt my heart to strip her, poor rabbit. She sits and watches him taste it" (Miller 50). I believe this constitutes Elizabeth as being a blue colored person due to her being all touchy feely about the rabbit. This is directly related to the other quote as they both show her as being a blue character, as she was easily insulted and got all emotional. Blue people are people who can be very emotional. Fun fact, apparently I am a secondary blue, so yea. Also I'm primary gold. Hats. Kinda been struggling with this blog a tad bit more than the others. So I would like to state that I have contributed my input into the blog and wish you a good day sir.

Miller, Arthur. The Crucible: a Play in Four Acts. Harmondsworth, Eng.: Penguin, 1976. Print.
"Quiz." Follow Your True Colors. Web. 28 Sept. 2011. .

No comments:

Post a Comment