Friday, March 16, 2012

WWP

I had the choice of picking any and or all of the works that are considered to be good for good reasons that are good, and this good thing that is good is of course a Walt Whitman poem and stuff. I use the words and stuff a lot more than I should because I can and whatnot and stuff. Any ways the poem that I chose was none other then "O Captain! My Captain!" by none other than the fabulous and already mentioned guy whom I refuse to mention twice and stuff. The basic plot of the poem is that they are presumably on a boat, and the boat has finally docked but all is not well for the captain is dead, " My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still," () Now for me it is hard to discern whether or not the captain is the captain of the boat, or if it is the boat itself, it is a tad bit difficult to discern the two as they are similar and it is never truly stated or I just have no idea how to read a poem which is entirely possible, and of course and stuff. Now how does this story relate to the philosophies of Emerson and or Thoreau? Well it may or may not do so as it does and at the same time it does not at the same time it may or may not at the convenience of no. Well one difference I noticed is that Emerson and too many vowels at the end of his name do not particularly write very often about the subject of dead people, while that seems to be Walt Whitman's (referenced him again so I failed my task that was mentioned earlier.) main kind of thing that he writes about and stuff. There is still the off chance that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I didn't reference the philosophies at all so that's a win.

"O Captain! My Captain!, by Walt Whitman." Poetry Archive. Web. 16 Mar. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment