Friday, February 10, 2012

SWSCGDMKYHOTP

Now I have the great esteemed pleasure of writing about the many many words and or meanings of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", "Go Down Moses", and "Keep your hands on the Plow" (or SWSCGDMKYHOTP for those of you who can not for the life of all the baby penguins make a simple connection between the title and the name of things that the title is referring to.), which are all written or authored by different people. Those people are none other than Anonymous, Anonymous, and Anonymous respectively, which is odd because they all have the same name, I just can not comprehend how that could happen, or that would be the case if I were hit on the head a few more times as an adolescent. Anyways these poem things seem to be going in a religious direction, which is odd as I became religious today. I met Jesus, turns out he's a duck, I'll elaborate more at another time. Back from looking at a train wreck I will elaborate on the religious aspects of these stories. They use words like Jesus, angels, Moses, Gospel, and Mary, and to top it off they all have a religious based story to them in one way or another, how swell. These stories seem to briefly touch a similar note as a philosophy of emerson's as in this literary criticism it is noted that Emerson believes that "a persons inner voice is God given" (Brugman). which makes him a bit religious, although religion isn't a philosophy, but the way Emerson uses it it is, but the way these three stories use it it is not, if that makes sense. It probably does not make any sense. Emerson uses it to say that people deserve an inner voice or something like that, I am not entirely sure, I'm in a bad mood and I am just saying things. Then the three stories are more of a praise jesus (pronounced hey zeus) and have no significance to anything, and I have been unable to find a rhyme or reason to this and I just quoted Marty Tadla. I dont even the whole thing.

NetHymnal. Web. 13 Feb. 2012.

"Go Down Moses." Web. 13 Feb. 2012.

"Keep Your Hands on the Plow." Yet Another Digital Tradition Page. Web. 13 Feb.

Brugman, Patricia. "Individual and Society in 'Self-Reliance'." McClinton-Temple, Jennifer ed. Encyclopedia of Themes in Literature. New York: Infobase Publishing, 2011. Bloom's Literary Reference Online. Facts On File, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment