Thoreau has written a very important story that is for some reason more important than the pressing matter of Thoreau's name ending with a whole three vowels that come together to make some sort of strange and awkward name. How are other countries supposed to take us seriously if we keep putting so many vowels together, it is just sloppy. I suppose that its better that le-a. Rant over. So this guy with the name of Thoreau has written a story called "Civil Disobedience" which does many things for its reader, like this reader who states that "individuals have a right—even a duty—to resist unjust government actions."(). Said person who goes by the name of Barney as I am perceiving it, came to this conclusion when he had finished pondering the words and phrases that are located in this obscure and slightly non obscure story about stuff. This person seems to be accurately portraying the moral of the story as there are many references to this kind of thing in the story as well as in the story as well. Such as when the story states "That government is best which governs none at all" (). This statement and the previously mentioned statement by the somewhat great Barney fellow are basically the same thing and have both given me the great pleasure of writing and or typing about them because I am doing that right now, and my brain is shutting off so I am low on time pertaining to having complete and well thought out sentences as you can probably already tell from this mess of a most likely run on sentence that is accurately portraying my point about not having well thought out sentences, because this sentence certainly is not well thought out. Anyways the whole concept of the human over society government stuff is a character of Transcendentalism, which has the word dental in it and is completely throwing me off, as the concept is a concept commonly portrayed along with that long dental based word that was mentioned earlier. " Unjust laws exist; shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once?" (). This is another example of text explaining and or illustrating the three vowel guy's not liking of the government for mysterious reasons. I would really like to know why this guy with too many vowel next to each other hates government so much, and I would look it up but that would require work, and that is something I don't want to do. I might as well do it, hold on a moment and I will get back to you. My search was inconclusive and I was unable to find any relevant information on the subject of his hatred of the government. I did not look very hard, and I am tired so that is probably why I found nothing. I hope this journal has been as enlightning to you as it has been for me and what not, but yea.
Barney, Brett, and Lisa Paddock, eds. "'Civil Disobedience'."Encyclopedia of American Literature: The Age of Romanticism and Realism, 1816–1895, vol. 2, Revised Edition. New York: Facts On File, Inc., 2008.Bloom's Literary Reference Online. Facts On File, Inc.
"Thoreau's Civil Disobedience - 2." The Thoreau Reader. Web. 26 Jan. 2012.
Langley, John. Romanticism. 24 Oct. 2010. PPT.
No comments:
Post a Comment