Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Journal 30

Walt Whitman has written a great deal of poems in his lifetime, and somehow I am to pick one out of his great deal of poems and call it my favorite, which seems highly illogical, because it is. I should not have to explain why but if I must I shall not and leave the subject of what is and what is not logical up for grabs by those that are in the area of grabbing at that idea that is just floating around very casually in the air like some sort of space blimp in space. So to transpire into this blog I picked this one http://whitmanarchive.org/published/LG/1891/poems/167
at complete random and called it my favorite. Now you may ask why it's my favorite, and I will tell you what I tell everyone whom asks me an illogical question such as that, or I would if it were school appropriate. Also blogger is completely different now and is now scaring me with its newness and stuff, also it now has an undo button so that's pretty neat that's like a whole 4.452 on the neatometer or something. Now what is this poem about you ask, well let me tell you. Well my hours upon hours of countless studies and experimentation have told me a lot about this poem among other things, such as that there is a boat and a hint of patriotism in it. It is basically a big book of patriotism for the feeble minded few who can not actually read and decided to read this thing that he had written. I recall someone stating that the Whitman was a devout patriot or some other form of nonsense and I suppose that if you look at the subject for which the subject is or can also be pertaining to you will notice that it is pertaining to the concept of the concept of him being patriotic or something. If you understood the, then bravo good sir.

"The Walt Whitman Archive." NOT THE PILOT. (Leaves of Grass [1891-1892]) -. Web. 18 Apr. 2012.

1 comment: