Thursday, May 3, 2012

Journal 31

My job shadowing experience was a very unorganized version of what it possibly should have maybe been.So I arrived at the Complete Care Pharmacy inside Memorial Medical Facility in Chatham at around noon. It was then where I was informed that the person whom I was supposed to job shadow was indeed not there and would not be showing up for quite never. So he had pushed me off unto his underlings, who were all nice and intelligent people, but had no preparation for the job shadowing day at all, and thus the day went about as expected. The four people there all told me their names, and I currently can't remember them at all except for Ashley, but even at that I don't know which one was Ashley. So one of them spent some time explaining what it is that they did there, which is seemingly nothing but stand around and do nothing until someone comes in, or drives thru the drive thru, and know every thing there is to know about every single object in the pharmacy. After she had finished explaining that to me I was told to just read the label on the boxes and try to pronounce them, which I found to be incredibly difficult.So the rest of the time I was there they told me that they and all other medical fields hate insurance companies as they have to mandate everything and impede progress, I was also told about c1 drugs, having no medical usage, and c2 drugs, having very limited medical usage, in example that liquid cocaine is actually used in eye surgery and thus is a c2. They then let me use a machine that sealed a sheet of crevices that houses pills by basically melting a sheet of foil to the back, or that is how it seemed as I do not know how it worked exactly and that is my best estimate. Then after one hour there they let me leave as they were out of stuff to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment