Thursday, October 20, 2011
Journal #13
The American dream is something that all Americans dream of achieving. The simple concept of being successful, owning a house, having a family,and all that cool stuff. Back in the day it was fairly obtainable by all who tried, but today the rules have changed a bit. While it is still possible to become successful today, people are aiming higher, and want to become millionaires, so they can be super successful. Top one percent owns ninety percent of the wealth, so occupy wall street. Personally I would settle for around being successful and what not, but for others that's just not good enough. They need all the money and well they want all the money. Fixed that for myself. Anyways being successful is nice and all, but what it really comes down to is having choices. Some people choose to do nothing with their life and have their success handed to them like the self righteous dredge of society they are, while others work for success and actually earn it, and isn't that what the American dream really is. Receiving the fruits of your labor and the sweat of your brow. Because aren't all men entitled to the sweat of their brow? Yes. If you work for something you should receive it, so if you follow the American dream of being successful you have to earn it. You can't just have it handed to you, because then it means nothing. What is success in the hands of the undeserving? It is called failure. At least that what I would think of it as. If you haven't guessed I'm simply referring to the welfare system and how it is being abused by so many who don't actually need it. I have no problem with welfare it self, I have a problem with anyone who exploits it for personal gain. As I said to be successful you have to earn it, and the American dream is the reward received from actually earning your success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment