Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Journal 11
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill. This is a very influential statement here. This breaks down the main differences between an optimist and a pessimist by saying that an optimist will see the bright side of every situation while a pessimist will just complain about every problem he encounters. Clearly optimists are the superior people because of their ability to make the best of what they have, and optimist sounds like Opitmus, who is also superior. Think about it. Am I an optimist prime? I would have to say sometimes. I sometimes see opportunity in every difficulty and other times I just see the difficulty. Take this journal for example. I am dreading having to write it because it is work and I don't want to do work, especially with a chemistry test on Monday and this blog is preventing me from studying, but that is why I'm doing this on a Saturday so I can study tomorrow, and I am simply wasting a perfectly good Saturday night that I could be doing better things, such as Minecraft. Well thats the pessimist part of me speaking, as the optimist part of me has come out of its bunker in the deepest part of my mind and told me optimist sounds like Optimus, and well thats all its done. Another example you say. Well I'm in AP Chem as aforementioned, and it is both a good thin and a bad thing. The bad is that it is hard, and the good is that it is a very valuable asset for getting places in life. Also its not even that hard of a class. I don't get what all the warnings about how its an extremely hard class, as I have not found it all that hard. Maybe it would seem harder if I was in AP US, but a certain guidance counselor wouldn't let me take that class because "thats too much summer work and you would have too hard of a time doing all of it with english and chem to do as well." I took that to heart for a while, but now I realize that that was horrible advice. Don't take the hard class because its hard. Sorry for the rant about my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment