Saturday, December 3, 2011

Journal 19

Life and death. Two things that are merely trivial, but the most important thing in the world to some. One might say what is life. Life is hard to define, for what does it mean to live? No one truly knows. If I remember freshman biology correctly then to live means to be carbon based. Thats what those fancy pants scientists who have spent their whole lives studying this kind of thing will tell you, but what do they know? They have only spent their whole life studying it. To truly define living is a very difficult thing to accomplish, and if you can do it for me then I applaud you. Unfortunately this you I am speaking to is an understood you and does not actually exist you can not exactly answer that for me now can you. The best I can do for you is to describe what a living thing can do. A living thing can grow, breath, move, reproduce, or think. Anything that can do any one of these things without human interaction may be described as living. All of Nature is living, so living is very important to Nature as you can imagine. There I go using the the word you again. I bet you didn't even realize I used the word the twice in the previous sentence. Now what exactly does it mean to die. Now here is a question that a lot of people don't want to think about. Most people will fill their feeble minds with false promises of an afterlife filled with eternal bliss, but for me that doesn't seem to make sense. I see death as an end of our small window of our existence. What is death? Well I would say it is exactly the same as pre life. Nothing. Nothing at all. Is it really that hard to accept that? I don't know why but it was. As all things nature live and die, life and death are very important aspects of nature. Nature itself lives, and it is in no way immune to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment